Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Nanny Bans Fruit Trees

Nanny Bans FruitSummer is upon us, and with it comes the perennial danger of fruit laden trees.

You know how dangerous fruit is, don't you?

Nanny does.

Trees are prone to drop their fruit upon the ground, and thus present a serious slip hazard.

I myself slipped on a banana skin the other day.

I kid you not!

I am in two minds as to whether I should sue Croydon council, for allowing me to be placed in such a risky situation; by not ensuring that the banana skin had been removed before I set my majestic feet upon the pavement, or just shrug it off as part of life.

Anyhoo, I digress.

Nanny's chums in Havering council have got themselves into a right old tiz about their crab apple trees.

It appears that the fallen crab apples presnt a slip hazard for the good people of that borough. The fact that no one has ever raised a complaint before about these crab apples, matters not a jot to Nanny.

Nanny has a solution, she will cut down the trees in order to eliminate the risk.

They will be replaced, at a cost of £150K, by non risk species of trees.

No wonder council tax bills are for ever rising, the people who are entrusted with the budgets are morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment