Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Nanny's Plastic Bag Tax

I am ungemused to see that Nick Clegg wants to introduce a 5p charge for plastic bags in England (apres the 2015 election which he will lose), in order to discourage people room using them.
The charge will apply to supermarkets and larger stores.

In theory, if the supermarkets are feeling "generous", part of the 5p may be donated to charity.

Will, I wonder, the charities selected be the same ones who regularly stuff unwanted plastic bags through people's letterboxes when they are looking for donations?

Given that consumers will be forced to pay for the bags, does this mean that supermarkets will now remove their logos from them (after all it really will add insult to injury if we are forced to pay for the privilege of advertising the supermarkets!)?

No, I thought not!

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

2 comments:

  1. Tonk.4:08 PM

    Perhaps the supermarkets will issue us heavy duty paper or veg starch bags from now on.
    Personally, I take bags with me but, it is that spur of the moment purchase where one may get caught out.
    Supermarkets used to give their empty cardboard boxes to cutomers to pack their purchases into, this has stopped; I wonder if that is anything to do with the idea that cardboard boxes are trade waste and must therefore be disposed off using licensed waste carriers?

    Here is what I plan to do if I am caught out with no bag and the shop tries to charge me for one.......If I intend to spend over say, ten pounds, I shall just say put it all back then, I'm not paying for packaging, especially if it's branded. Then it is up to the checkout drone to decide whether I'm charged or not and whether they lose the sale or not......If many of the sheeple adopted this approach, I suspect we would soon hear reverse gear being engaged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I wonder if that is anything to do with the idea that cardboard boxes are trade waste and must therefore be disposed off using licensed waste carriers?"

    Got in one Tonk.

    ReplyDelete