Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Sunscreen Kills Sperm


As we endure a typically mediocre June (weatherwise) it is gemusing to see that the use of sunscreen, so hyped and pushed by Nanny and pharmacies etc, is in fact endangering men's sperm.
Research found that just 25% of young men were producing good quality sperm, and the average volume had declined by a quarter since the 1940s. The findings, presented at the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology’s annual meeting in Lisbon, prompted warnings from doctors that consumer lifestyles may have created a toxic environment for men.

Dr Niels Jorgensen, a consultant at the Department of Growth and Reproduction at Rigshospitalet, in Copenhagen, said is quoted by the Telegraph:
Modern life is having an impact because we are exposed to so many chemicals and we don’t know what they do.” 
Chemicals found in sun cream, cosmetics, frying pans, cars, foods and even in items of clothing could all increase risks to sperm, he suggested.

He went on to say:
We are advised to protect ourselves with these sunblocks but it seems when you go to the laboratory and test some of these chemicals they can interfere with the sperm function.

If I was to advise my own family I would say don’t use it.” 
Given that the British summer is usually crap anyway, I have found Nanny's obsession with sunscreen to be perverse to say the least!

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    I live in Australia and only use the sunscreen occasionally and generally only on the top edge of my ears where I do sometimes get burned. Never liked the feel of the stuff, or the idea that sunshine might be inherently bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:35 AM

    I have never met anyone who has had their sperm tested for research such as this.
    How do they find men to take part in these tests?
    I should imagine that they are just looking at results from patients that present themselves with a problem anyway.

    A statement saying that only 25% of men are producing 'good quality' sperm is nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, what a catastrophe.

    I had to have the snip to make sure I couldn't have any kids. If only I'd have known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord of Atlantis2:10 PM

    I never use sunscreen (although I've never been abroad to hot countries) and today is my 65th birthday! However, I DO use that very rare and endangered commodity, common sense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tonk.5:21 PM

    My Lord, I would consider it an honour and a privileged to wish you a very happy 65th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord of Atlantis9:32 PM

    Many thanks, Bucko the Moose and Tonk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A belated Happy Birthday M'Lord!

      Delete